In the interest of brevity and so called wit, we at the Comic's Corner have decided to make a top 5 list of our own*. Please enjoy the internetty-goodness of our latest time waster, The Top 5 is Alive!
This Week: Top Five Things I am Sick of Seeing In My Facebook Feed
*Actually, we had to. Nevertheless, enjoy!
Top 5 Things I am Sick of Seeing In My Facebook Feed
5. Obama-Care: Obviously this is a tough one. We all need health care and it is important to do what is best for oneself and or one's family. However these posts often result in vaguely and sometimes not so vague racist, inflammatory and insulting comment feeds. Did you guys know the president was black?
4. Armchair Politics (Memes with outrageous Statistics): This seems to go hand in hand with number 5, hence its placement on the list. This time I am referring specifically to the spread of fear through exaggerated images. Recently I saw a meme suggesting that more people die from accidental gun-shots than shark attacks. I don't think exposer/availability was taken into account here. Guys, I fear we need stricter permit laws for sharks.
3. Soccer/Sports: This one is admittedly a bit harsh and personal but not everyone is into or understands organized sports. There are forums and chat rooms for this sort of thing. For once, I would rather get an update on your kid's potty training.
2. Facebook Privacy Change Propaganda: Every now and then a chain-letter style post appears about the owners and operators of Facebook being able to charge you for your usage or see into your bathroom through your computer. Unless of course you re-post with the word of the day or what have you. This is another form of propaganda, we fear what we don't understand. Just remember, you don't have to link a bank account to your account and you never gave them your social security number... or did you? Best just to delete your account. Or is it?
1. Candy Crush Invites: STOP!