Chicago Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo has been suspended for six games, without pay, for cross-checking Winnipeg Jets forward Mathieu Perreault during NHL Game No. 658 in Chicago on Friday, January 16, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.The incident occurred at 19:50 of the second period. Carcillo was assessed a minor penalty for cross-checking.
Carcillo is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $40,243.92. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Matthew Carle will have surgery to repair torn adductor muscles in his lower abdomen, the Lightning announced Monday. The procedure will be performed in Philadelphia on Tuesday by Dr. William Meyers. Carle is expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price took part in practice Monday and said if he wakes up Tuesday morning feeling good he should be able to face the Nashville Predators that evening."We'll see in the morning," Price repeated at least four times when asked whether he will face the Predators.
Price missed the Canadiens' 6-4 win Saturday against the New York Islanders with an upper-body injury he sustained in a collision with Chris Calvert of the Columbus Blue Jackets on Jan. 14. Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty pushed Calvert from behind as he was breaking in on goal, and Price's back was driven into the goalpost in the ensuing collision.
"I had a lingering problem before that and this kind of compounded the issue," Price said. "We thought it best to just take a couple of days and get it better.
All Star Fan Fair
The 2015 NHL Fan Fair™, the three-day, official fan festival of the 2015 NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus, Ohio, will occupy more than 200,000 square feet of the Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC), Exhibit Halls C & D, on Friday, Jan. 23 through Sunday, Jan. 25. The family-friendly festival features something for everyone including special appearances from current NHL stars, former NHL greats and NHL team mascots. Fans will experience a display of 20 of hockey's most prestigious trophies including the iconic Stanley Cup®; NHL All-Star exhibitions; live TV and radio broadcasts; music, food, merchandise, hockey trading cards, and memorabilia locations; interactive hockey-themed games and attractions; and much more.Tickets to 2015 NHL Fan Fair can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com, BlueJackets.com, and NHL.com/FanFair, and at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena. Tickets purchased in advance are $10 for children between the ages of 3 and 12, seniors 65 and older, and college students and military personnel with valid ID; and $12 for adults (aged 12 and up). Tickets purchased on each event day will be $12 and $16, respectively. Children under the age of 3 will be admitted for free. All attractions are included with the price of admission. For more information, visit NHL.com/FanFair. Join the conversation using the official hashtag, #NHLFanFair.
Public Hours of Operation:
Friday, Jan. 23 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 24 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 25 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Attractions & Appearances
• NHL players, past and present will sign autographs at the Autograph Stage.
• Fans can practice their skills with the new Vapor 1X sticks at Bauer Hockey's shooting lane.
• Test accuracy and speed on a real goalie in the Bridgestone Slap Shot Challenge.
• See the history of the NHL All-Star Game, highlighting moments from 1934 to present, at the NHL All-Star Game: Through the Decades, Powered by Constellation exhibition.
• Fans 21 and over can take their best shot on a frozen goal for a chance at NHL swag, concert tickets and more with Coors Light.
• Visit Cryptozoic's booth to play the new NHL® Power Play Team-Building Card Game!
• Take a picture with the Stanley Cup® and learn the history of the NHL's prestigious trophies at the NHL Trophy Showcase presented by Discover Card. Throughout NHL® All-Star Weekend, Discover Cardmembers will receive 10% off purchases of NHL All-Star merchandise at retail locations inside NHL Fan Fair and Nationwide Arena when paying with a Discover card.
• Experience 2015 NHL All-Star Weekend like the pros - get outfitted in official Team Foligno and Team Toews NHL All-Star jerseys and take a “team” photo on the 2015 NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft™ presented by DraftKings stage on Saturday and Sunday.
• Take a photo with your favorite Fathead NHL® Stand Out and share it with #NHLFanFair and @fathead.
• Stop by the Fox Sports Ohio Fan Basement and have your picture taken with the Fox Sports Girls and Cleatus, the Fox Sports robot; play your favorite hockey video games, watch the action on TV, register to win the furnishings of the Fan Basement, pick up Fox Sports promotional items, and have a chance to be a part of the network's live broadcasts from NHL Fan Fair.
• Interact, engage and learn how the exciting, fast-paced game of hockey plays a role in STEM education at the Future Goals booth.
• Visit the GEICO mini-rink to test your stick skills, receive a commemorative NHL All-Star Game photo and meet the famous GEICO gecko.
• Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit featuring "Hockey in the State of Ohio."
• Pose with Honda's vehicles and create a celebratory, NHL All-Star-themed virtual reality video clip, check out Honda's Ohio-made products, and enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to the 2015 NHL Awards™ at the Honda display.
• Visit the McDonald's Kids Zone with games and attractions designed for hockey's youngest fans.
• Stopover at the MeiGray booth and check out the “History of the NHL's All-Star Game-Worn Jerseys” exhibit which will include jerseys worn throughout the decades by legends Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier and more.
• Shop for officially-licensed NHL All-Star merchandise as well as merchandise for 30 Clubs at the NHL All-Star Weekend flagship store, located within NHL Fan Fair.
• Bid on unique NHL memorabilia and one-of-a-kind items through NHL Auctions™.
• Learn about the revamped NHL mobile app, join Xbox One, and watch the best games of the season with NHL GameCenter LIVE™; recharge your mobile devices and enter a raffle to win one of two Xbox One devices.
• Get in front of the cameras and host a segment of NHL Tonight™, NHL Network's popular nightly highlight show, and leave with a video to share with family and friends.
• Stop by the iconic Oscar Mayer Wienermobile for a free digital postcard.
• Create customizable jersey plaques, a bubble hockey table, or bobblehead with Prints Charming.
• Check out CCM's three distinct stick lines: the CCM RIBCOR, the CCM Tacks, and the CCM RBZ Superfast; and dress up as your favorite NHL player with gear provided by Reebok_CCM.
• Visit the ultimate fan bedroom with Room of Your Dreams to see the latest in fan gear for the home.
• Tune in to SiriusXM NHL Network Radio™, which will be broadcasting live throughout the NHL Fan Fair and NHL All-Star Weekend.
• Shoot pucks into an old washing machine and dryer – just like the pros did when they were young – at the AMP Energy Challenge.
• Add your name to the Responsibility Puck with Team Coalition and join thousands of NHL fans making the pledge to be responsible by never driving drunk, always having a designated driver, and buckling up - every trip, every time.
• Train with the Total Game Changer, the most comprehensive hockey training device which engages vision, foot and hand speed while challenging your multi-tasking skills.
• Stop by the NHL Ultimate Fan Cave to try your hand at pool, foosball and air hockey.
• Visit the Upper Deck Trading Card Zone and make a personalized hockey card, spin the prize wheel, play Pluck-O, and check out the latest and greatest in hockey cards and memorabilia.
• Commemorate the first ever NHL All-Star event in Columbus at the WinCraft Pin Trading area, where you can purchase 20 exclusive pin designs including the "Chase" pin, which is sure to be the most sought-after pin of All-Star Weekend.
• Visit the York Street Hockey Rink - the biggest small town rink in America – for lots of fun hockey action all weekend, including the NHL Mascot Showdown™ featuring NHL team mascots. Or try your hand at street hockey under the guidance of our NHL Fan Fair coaches for new techniques and pointers.
• Stop by 97.1 The Fan's broadcast booth for a fan player photo opportunity and register for a chance to join the Blue Jackets' flagship station in a suite at an upcoming CBJ game.
• Join Columbus' locally-owned and operated Alternative station, CD102.5FM, as they play games and pass out cool prizes at their NHL All-Star Booth.
Support WBOB Sports