From a contested presidential inauguration to disastrous hurricanes, the team at 990WBOB.com has kept you informed on community issues, news, sports, and everything in between. As we have celebrated our tenth year, and have hosted various charity events, the content of our site has reached thousands of people. Thousands of readers. While all of our articles were informative, not all were as popular as the most liked articles.
Here are 990WBOB.com’s top 9 articles of 2017, based on amount of Facebook likes:
9. Sometimes it’s tough to get kids to consume their greens. Good thing people 21 and over have no problem with them. In March, some local breweries supplied special St. Patrick’s Day ales that you can look forward to in March of 2018 too.
Rhode Island Local Craft Beer Guide - St. Patrick's Day Edition by Joe Ponte
8. While a lot of political complaints came on the national level, local politics were unable to avoid criticism too. As we enter an election year, the question has to be asked. Will Gina Raimondo be re-elected? Our Scott Rotondo doesn’t think so.
5 Reasons Why Raimondo is a One-Term Governor by Scott Rotondo
7. The 990WBOB staff always support those who serve. A lot of football fans stopped supporting teams in the NFL when players began kneeling. But what about when a veteran supports players who kneel exercising their First Amendment rights?
If he’s not offended, should you be?
A Veteran's Perspective: Kneel, Stand, or Turn Your Back - That's Your Liberty by Kaleb Bajakian
6. As we wrap up our year, it’s time to get ready for New Year’s parties. You’ll contemplate the age old question: “What should I bring?” His second article on this list, Joe Ponte breaks down the top beers in New England. Bring some along with you on December 31st.
Ponte: Top 9 Beers in New England by Joe Ponte
5. The Renegade Radio family aspires to inspire and influence our community, however, not every influencer works for 990WBOB.com. In February, 990WBOB held a charity event, recognizing nine of the biggest influencers to watch in 2017. Who were they?
9 RI Influencers to Watch in 2017 by Kevin Aherne
4. Our website is the top source of live entertainment of course. Afterall, you’re on our website, aren’t you? But when we aren’t live, there are other places where you can go to find great concerts. The next time that you want to listen to live music, consider one of these places.
Top 5 Places to Catch a Show in Providence by Stephen Marold
3. There’s a reason we podcast without video on 990WBOB. Most of us just don’t have the faces for it. We’re not exactly models. Lindsay Raposa, of Cranston, was selected to participate in Maxim Magazine’s “Maxim’s Finest” contest. We found out how to help Lindsay in her efforts.
R.I. Model In The Hunt To Be Maxim's Finest by Tyler Salk
2. 990WBOB lost one of its own during the Spring, as the former host Tim Davis passed away in April. The ‘Torch the Radio’ personality touched the lives of many people. They were devastated to see him go so young.
Celebrating Tim Davis: Providence's Music Man by Kevin Aherne
1. While we are your online source of fun, an iconic Rhode Island location closed. Providence’s Firehouse 13 shut its doors in July, as the home of many artists and musicians became something for the history books.
The Extingished Flame: Providence’s Beloved Firehouse 13 Set to Close by Bob Giusti
Did you miss any of these articles during the year? Follow 990WBOB on social media to avoid missing another great article!
Unbiased, Unfiltered. WBOB's Original Reads feature our brightest and boldest personalities, offering their two-cents on the goings on of news, sports, politics, entertainment, and business. -- Are our opinions always PC? Nope. Are they always perfect? Nah. But, are they always 100% authentic? Absolutely!
Read More WBOB