By Kevin Aherne
For New England fans, "The Catch" was known as a devastating Super Bowl play by the NY Giants, that sent them home from 2008's big game empty-handed. Now, "The Catch" will still remind Patriots fans of the same scenario, except updated for 2012.
However, this incarnation of the catch was no fluke, or act of god. It involved no impromptu scramble, no magical sticky helmet, and the only David Tyree sighting was of his necktie. This time, Tom Brady and the Hooded one were bested by an incredible Football Play. Trailing by two points in the final minutes, Mario Manningham streaked down the Patriots sideline, blowing past Sterling Moore, and just as Patrick Chung closed in, reached up, grabbed the ball, tapped his toes, and rolled out of bounds at Bill Belichick's feet. The play brought the Giants into scoring range, and allowed them to burn precious time from the clock, thwarting any possibility of the Pats regaining the lead on the subsequent drive. Eli Manning now holds more SB rings than both his brother and father combined.
So, Lets see how our Staff picks played out...
1. Final Score: 21-17 Giants (Closest: Torch- 24-21 Giants)
2. MVP: Eli Manning (Torch & Ryan Fox)
3. Will Kelly Clarkson Mess Up Anthem? Nope (Torch, Matty D, King)
4. Replays of David Tyree Catch [Over/Under: 3]: Under (Pal, Torch, Rob Duguay)
5. Shots of Peyton Manning in crowd [Over/Under: 6]: Under (Joe Ferro, Matty D, Rob Duguay)
So, the big winner is Tim "Torch" Davis, nailing all but one... Coach, Kevin Aherne and Kevin Willette were shut out. Let the humiliation ensue.
Seriously, who ties a tie like this?
Support WBOB Sports